Saturday 16 December 2017

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible

The Winter League arranged for Sunday, Dec 10 on Decoy,  was cancelled on the Saturday - a good decision by Tony Evans. The snow started here in my village at 6 am on Sunday morning and stopped at 2 pm - travelling would have been a nightmare for myself and all the competitors coming from anywhere farther inland. The new date is Jan 14.

I had actually intended to have a session on Decoy, and was all packed ready to go...until I went outside and realised how much snow there was and how cold it was. And my normal route to Whittlesey is via back roads which would have had hardly any traffic on them, and certainly no gritters. So I watched the Man City v Man U match instead - the way City players hassled their opponents reminded me of Billy Bremner of Leeds, who must have struck fear into attackers when they saw him bearing down on them.
The view from my front door at 8 am on the Sunday morning.

No fishing for me this weekend (Dec 16/17), with my next scheduled match the Winter League on Jan 7, but I hope to get out over the Christmas period. I watched the weigh-in on Jay Lake at Pidley on Wednesday last week, and a lot of anglers struggled to make 10 lb. The winning weight was 99 lb on bread punch fished right across at 14 metres from peg 2. That's hard work in weather this cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment