Thursday 5 July 2018

Peter's last peg



A sad day. Just come back from Peter Parlett’s funeral.

A passionate matchman, Peter had been a member of several clubs, and in particular Spratts for many many years. He used to buy some of the prizes for our special Christmas match, and bring them all to the match and lay them out for the presentations.


One year I chose a bird bath which Peter had bought, and the base was too heavy for me to carry so he took it to my car for me. It’s in my garden as I write, so every day when I look at it I think of Peter.

His passion for fishing led to his family having a lake scene printed  round the coffin. But that passion was exceeded by the love for his family – he would miss fishing matches so he could watch his grandson, Joe, box. Joe is now a professional – Peter was so proud.


A lovely, lovely man, Peter was only 60 when cancer quickly overtook him. It’s not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment