Tuesday 5 March 2019

Fantastic fishing - Field's End Fishery


Saturday saw me have a rare pleasure session, and I chose to go to Field’s End Fishery, in Doddington, near Chatteris. I fished The Pool, which was presumably an irrigation reservoir about 80 yards across. The water is clearer than most commercials, and drops down quite deep.

Four carp around 3 lb came to expander in the first two hours on a top-two plus two, and I lost three foulhooked. I then tried shallow with banded pellet, and in the next two hours had a great time, landing about 25 ide all around 3 lb, and a 3 lb carp, ending up 11 metres out. Then the wind got up, and sport slowed, so I changed to a top two with corn. The first three drop-ins saw carp of around 8 lb, 9 lb and 10 lb come in!

I walked up to a pleasure angler to my left and had a 15-minute conversation. He was catching smaller ide on a pellet waggler. I went back, intending to catch two more fish and then pack up. Two fish came quickly, and I packed up all my rigs apart from the top-two rig.

I dropped in again, hooked another carp, and in the next 45 minutes landed a round 70 lb of carp between 3 lb and 6 lb. No nets are allowed, but I reckon I had between 180 lb and 200 lb of fish. A wonderful day. Such a pity the owners do not allow any matches to be fished.

No comments:

Post a Comment