Thursday 10 September 2020

Are the fish well fed-up? Decoy, Elm





 My van is poorly-sick, requiring a new clutch, so the angling world is missing my pathetic performances On The Bank. That reminds me that I haven't yet received an invitation to appear on that exulted programme, though I did see John Arthur catch a new Decoy record of 426 lb or something, last week in the UK Championships...perhaps I will wait a little longer for that telephone call.

So Spratts had to manage without me for their match on Elm, and it looks as if the constant inflow of feed from matches on the Strips at Decoy is having an effect, with much lower weights than on might expect in this period of settled weather.

Anyway, here's the result - won by Farmer Harrison in the corner on Peg 24 with 115 lb 9 oz taken on maggot and corn at 8 metres, with the best fish around 8 lb. Bob Barrett, who is having a good run, 

Personally I'd rather go to a match won with 100 lb that one where I have to catch 300 lb to win. But I worry a little for the fish.

Peter The Paste came in third, only one fish behind Bob with 93 lb 5 oz from close-in on Peg 9, with former Div 4 National Champion Terry tribe on 7 fourth with 86 lb 5 oz, also fishing close in, with paste and meat (probably not together).

The result. Good to see Ted (92) is back with us.

Unfortunately my little van will have to remain in hospital until next week, so I will be missing the Fenland Rods match on Kingsland Small Carp Lake (that's the lake which is small, not the carp) on Sunday. But I hope to be sitting listening to the wind on the Willows next Wednesday.

PS. Blogspot are changing the set-up of their blog pages, and as you can see, with some lines set in a little, I have not yet worked out how to master everything. It's typical - mending something that ain't broke. Not like my van, which is broke, and missing me...😞

No comments:

Post a Comment