Wednesday 13 April 2022

Covid came a-calling

 Wed, April 13
Not fished for several days as, after visiting one of my brothers who is waiting for a bone marrow transplant, my wife and I spent a little time walking round nearby Arundel. We went into a small local art display and came out with a painting and - probably - Covid. Luckily it's little more than a very bad cold, but I have missed some matches. 

For me things were made worse when I sprained my back carrying some tulips. The tulips weren't heavy, but the earthenware pot filled with wet compost was! However I've been able to walk without sticks for a few days now...

I've forgiven the tulips, so below are some other pictures from our estate to lift your hearts on a dank, dismal April morning































I have the result of the Spratts match fished on Six-Island yesterday. Peg 11 dominated yet again, as it has for several months, and Martin Parker won here with 84 lb 14 oz taken mainly on meat at about 8 metres, best fish 8 lb. Bob Barrett on 18 was second with76 lb 6 oz on Method feeder with wafter and pellet fished in the margins, which took fish to 12 lb.

 Dick Warrener, opposite the winner, on Peg 8, had fish to 7 lb in his third-placed 73 lb 12 oz taken on pole and meat close in. But yet again the swims nearest to the car park didn't produce a lot of fish. And if I am well enough to fish Six Island on Saturday in the Fenland Rods Handicap match (we have been allocated pegs 1-15) I hope desperately to avoid pegs 1, 2 and 3, which have not been able to compete with the middle-numbered pegs for months.

A roller-coaster weekend for Mike
Mike Rawson has just had a bit of a roller-coaster weekend. On Sunday he fished on Willows in the first Fenland Rods event. I don't have the full result, but I know he did OK. Next day he won a Police match on Horseshoe with 66 lb from around Peg 18. In the Spratts match he was unlucky enough to get Peg 24 at the car park and DNWd. 

THE RESULT

1 Peter Harrison        33 lb 4 oz
3 Peter Spriggs        16 lb 8 oz
4 John Garner         63 lb 6 oz
6 Bob Allen            35 lb 9 oz
8 Dick Warrener      73 lb 12 oz        3rd
11 Martin Parker      84 b 14 oz        1st
13 Alan Porter          72 lb 1 oz   
15 Trevor Cousins    59 lb 15 oz
17 Peter Chilton        38 lb 11 oz
18 Bob Barrett        76 lb 6 oz         2nd
22 Joe Bedford        7 lb 13 oz
24 Mike Rawson        DNW


No comments:

Post a Comment