Saturday 3 September 2022

Peter's run continues, on Beastie, Decoy

Peter Spriggs can't stop catching fish, and his amazing run of results continued in this Spratts match. He drew Peg 2 (my second-favourite swim on the lake) and fished first at six metres, and then in the margins for carp to 8 lb and a winning total of 130 lb 2 oz.

I couldn't fish this match, because I was up there in South Yorkshire, where they talk funny and where most of the grass was green - honestly. Down here in Cambridgeshire it's still brown, though there was some rain the day before I left, and I was told that a little fell while we were away. So no fishing for me, but looking around York was probably the next-best thing - it's a fantastic city.

Shaun Buddle was yet again in the frame, with 117 lb 4 oz taken at five metres and in the margins on Peg 3, with his best fish around 10 lb. Trevor Cousins was third from Peg 26,  a swim which used to be rated highly but which has not been producing big catches lately. Anyway he finished with 109 lb 10 oz from the margins on meat and corn.

A little bird told me that prawns, cockles, mussels and shrimps all caught fish...while the rumour is that Peter Barnes winkled out some of his fish on...winkles! But did he winkle them out of their shells first?

Incidentally I see that Peter Holland, another who is having a fantastic run of results in club matches and Opens, won a match on Peg 1, which is often left out.

My next match is tomorrow on Magpie at Pidley. Some very big weights, including over 300 lb, were taken on Magpie in the recent three-day festival, though I think a lot of the anglers were using caster. I've not ordered any, so pellets and then meat are likely to be my approach (with mussels up my sleeve)..

THE RESULT

2 Peter Spriggs          130 lb 2 oz         1st
3 Shaun Buddle        117 lb 4 oz        2nd
4 Martin Parker         86 lb 8 oz        
5 Mike Rawson         87 lb 9 oz          4th
15 Peter Barnes        41 lb 1 oz
17 Peter Harrison      79 lb 10 oz
18 Joe Bedford          60 lb 10 oz
22 Bob Allen            48 lb 10 oz
23 Alan Porter           81 lb 1 oz
24 Bob Barrett           80 lb 6 oz
26 Trevor Cousins     109 lb 10 oz    3rd
29 Dick Warrener      74 lb 8 oz
30 John Garner         71 lb 10 oz


No comments:

Post a Comment