Whady'know, I've been done for speeding at 38 mph in Ramsey St Mary, at 8.05 am, on my way to a match. I find that difficult to believe, because I really normal;y keep within the limts. In any case at that time in the morning there are always cars parked on the left, near the sole village shop, often lorries parked on the right, and a steady stream of traffic coming the other way. It's stop-start right through the village. I must have slowed down late as I entered, or put my foot down early to exit, and there must have been a policeman with his little gun hidden in someone's hydrangeas waiting for some poor sod to go over the 30 mark.
I'd do better to take Steve Tilsley's route through Turds. It's like the outback there, you can see the natives miles away, and I doubt if there's been a policeperson (or whatever they are called now) there for years. I assume the operator with his 'manned equipment' is given a commission, probably enough to buy an early-morning cup of cappucino, for catching me out performing such a wicked act.
Now when I go on a Motorway I nurse my ten-year-old van along at 60, while hordes of drives hurtle past me as if their arses are on fire, and there's no tomorrow. So if that little man with his little gun were to sit in the long grass beside the A1 (M) near Sawtry, he'd gain enough commission in ten minutes to treat his whole family to a five-course meal; with lots of wine.
And I hope he's done on the way home!
No comments:
Post a Comment