Saturday 3 November 2018

The result, for the record – Elm, Decoy



 I didn’t feel like writing up the match that Les died at. But here is the result.
The strong wind and rain died away in the last half-hour.


Les did well, from Peg 1, to come sixth, because the strong wind was blowing into that corner, and there was some heavy rain, as well as hail. I was on the opposite bank, on 19, and found a few fish in the deep margin on caster, loose-feeding caster and hemp. So in the first two or three hours I had a 3 lb tench, a 2 lb F1, and a 1 lb perch, as well as a few small roach and perch. But early on it looked like being hard.
Mel - third with 57 lb 9 oz.


The result.




















A foray out to 12 metres with corn over corn and pellet brought five carp to 7 lb over about two hours, but the sixth one, which seemed a lot bigger, broke me. Three more eventually came from that line, plus a 3 lb barbel on a bunch of maggots from the left margin (I was playing it when the match ended) and I ended with 56 lb 11 oz, Kevin winning it from corner peg 13, probably on cat meat.

I should have gone back out half-an-hour from the end, when the wind had died, but was convinced there were fish inside. If the fish were willing to feed out there I could have won it even then.


No comments:

Post a Comment