Wednesday 10 June 2020

Good news...bad news...and a result - Decoy, Horseshoe

The result on Horseshoe, Decoy
The good news is that I have my motorised trolley back in working order (I think); the bad news is that I've pulled a muscle in my back a week ago, am walking with two sticks, and haven't been able to try it.

Still, life goes on and the Spratts match on Horseshoe, at Decoy, produced good weights, with Peter Harrison on Peg 8, which has form. He fished mainly at 2+2 for 193 lb 6 oz and the win. Peter Spriggs probably should have won, but this three nets exceeded the club maximum of 60 lb, and he was second on 180 lb.

Trevor Cousins took most of his third-placed 172 lb 13 oz shallow. He put his last net in with 20 minutes to go, and added seven fish for 43 lb in that time!!

I doubt I shall be able to fish for at least a couple of weeks.

PS. John Smith won the Fenland Rods match on peg 10 on Six-Island on Sunday with 190 lb-plus, with paste taking a lot of his fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment