Tuesday 2 June 2020

Nice one, Mike - Yew, Decoy

I didn't fish Spratts' first match on Yew Lake at Decoy, but it was a cracker, with ten of the 16 weighing in over 100 lb. Winner was Peter Harrison, who fished at 13 metres on peg 18,  until the last 90 minutes, when the fish slowed up , and he came into the margins. His total was a magnificent 254 lb 10 oz.

My mate John Smith fished the margins with mainly Sonubait One-on-One green paste for
184 lb 8 oz, taken mainly in the first four-and-a-half hours, when the fish moved away.

Another mate Mike Rawson had a day to remember - having a slow start, then finding fish shallow in the last half of the match, and weighing 117 lb 4 oz - his first 100 lb catch at Decoy.

A great start to Spratts' season on Yew Lake.
With the exception of Ted Lloyd (92) who took Peg 1, the match was fished along the Eastern bank, but the fish were pretty well spread.

UPDATES: We decided, not to take my electric trolley to Derby, because of the difficulty in finding toilets, if required, as pubs and restuarants are shut. I hope to arrange for a courier to take it for repair.

As for the cancer, my consultant rang and everything has been put back for six months because of the chaos caused by Corvid19.

Next match (my first for almost three months) should be Sunday 7th. Decoy is insisting on the two-metre rule, and I'm told that the Spratts match was conducted immaculately, though it took a long while to weigh in. Because of the rule that anglers must not follow the scales, I shan't be getting catch pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment