Friday 3 July 2020

An incredible result - Decoy, Oak

Probably the best result ever for Spratts, average 169 lb.
Pity I had to miss this Spratts match on Oak on Thursday - 15 fished, with three over 200 lb and another ten over 100 lb. Top man was Peter Harrison with 250 lb 6 oz on meat fished mainly on top two plus two at Peg 20, near the hide. Mick Raby on 5 was second with 229 lb 12 oz on a top three, also with meat.

And third was organiser Trevor Cousins who fished corn and worm in the margins on Peg 7, with Peter Spriggs in corner peg 16 fourth with 196 lb 3 oz on paste, fished out at about eight metres and also in the margins.

The 15 anglers averaged 169 lb - a cracking result for a club match. Next one is on Damson, and I expect to be there as I have thrown away the walking sticks I have been using for the past three weeks and am rarin' to go. Before then I have a Fenland Rods match on Sunday at Buttonhole, Wisbech. I doubt if the weights will be as heavy there, which suits me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment