Thursday 10 January 2019

Move along – nothing to see here. Raven, Pidley


Actually there was something to see – a tiny perch nestling in the corner of my keepnet, the result of five hours cold slogging on Raven Lake. I decided not to let him suffer the indignity of being weighed.
A nice-looking far bank at 13 metres. 

So much for commercials being like aquariums!
The best weights tended to come from the sheltered swims – 11 to 18, and the end of the Western arm 28 and 29 - though the first swims, 1 to 3, were also sheltered but failed to produce. 

The water was freezing cold in the strong North-Westerly. But it didn’t stop me being able to present a bait quite reasonably at 13 metres tight to the far bank. I also tried the edge of the far slope in front of the reeds at three feet deep, the drop-odd at six feet, and down the track at about 7.5 feet. But I had just the one bite all day.

Odd  carp and F1s were taken near me on the tip, but I never tried it, happy that if there were feeding fish there I would catch them. I didn’t. Half of the 26 failed to weigh, and several had gone by the finish. End of a cold story.

No comments:

Post a Comment